Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Denim Kilt

I love when you get to do a project that not only helps you get back into the swing of things but turns out so well it reinstates your belief in yourself - one of those "Oh yeah, I can do this kind of thing" moments.

This last weekend presented a project just like that. My friend Amie wanted to make a kilt for her husband. I offered for her to come over and I'd teach her and help her make one. She actually took me up on the offer and showed up at my house a few days later. Thankfully she had chosen a solid color fabric for her first kilt (much easier to work with than tartan) and she brought her 3 boys who helped keep my 2 kids distracted so we could work. (well, as distracted as kids can get, sadly it was raining outside most of the time so they couldn't be out, so there were a few moments of boredom and craziness but that's to be expected right?) :)

I'm happy to say that while we didn't get it done that day, she came over a second day and we finished it! Not too bad for a first kilt! But it was so fun to help her put it together and see how happy and proud she was as it came together and it looks great! We had a fun time making it and it helped me remember how fun doing kilts can be! Her husband wasn't all too sure about a kilt but after he tried it on he took a bit of a liking to it - which he should because he looks great! Don't you think so?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment